TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Need new 9006 & fog light bulb.
People Seeking Info

Subject Need new 9006 & fog light bulb.

Posted by Mike@ZSpeed on May 07, 2006 at 9:57 AM
  This message has been viewed 275 times.

Message I'll say this 1st so all the HID guys don't even bother. I'm not looking to get HID on the Z. Yes it'd be nice. And yes it'd be better visibility and maybe $ saved in the future blah blah blh.... But for as for much as I drive my Z (maybe 2k miles a year) & as much as I drive it @ night ( hardly ever ), also considering the fact I only drive it from June-Sept. ( well summer months mostly ), I'm not purchasing HID. But if someone wants to sell me one for around $100. Maybe. But untill then, no.

Alright heres the post.

Several years ago I purchased a wiring kit from Competition Limited. It allows you to run your low beams and high beams simultaneously (spell check?). Also allows your to run higher wattage bulbs & not worry about ruining your wiring.

5+ years ago I purchased a pair of 9006 PIAA Plasma bulbs from a guy in Japan. These bulbs were not important here @ that time. And I still have not seen them in 9006 version yet. They were $100. Pretty cool bulbs. They admit a white look with a tint of purple. And they can also be used as a high beam too and when used as a high beam they emit a super white look.

Cool bulb. But doesn't exactly give the best perfomance @ night.

I'm now looking to get the best performance out of a 9006 bulb that I can find. I don't give a $#%@#$% about color. Not looking for anything blue, light blue, super white, etc.... I've found over the years the standard clear color bulbs seem to give the best performance (IMO).

So I'm looking to purchase a 9006 bulb that is higher wattage then normal ( what' the standard wattage for 9006 55w?). Does anyone know where I can purchase a 9006 bulb that has higher wattage?

I remember many years ago when PIAA super whites were the craze. I jumped on the band wagon and was pleased for a couple of months. But I think I ditched em because I wasnt happy with how the performaed @ night was.

Maybe if I modified a 9005 PIAA super white to fit a 9006 I might be ok. Has anyone done this?

Next. . . . .

One of my fog lights burned out. I too back in the day bought the PIAA bulbs and removed the glare gaurd. This was probally the best lighting upgrade Ive done in the Z! What size are the bulbs? H3 or H4? And was it PIAA Super White?

Next . . . .
One of my PIAA Platinum driving light has burned out as well. Does anyone know where I coud find just a bulb to replace instead of replacing both lights? I contacted PIAA and got no reply.

lights lights lights. Ypu. I've got burnt out lights. Yes I could eliminate the fogs and PIAA driving lights with HID. Not looking to do HID :)

Your help is appraciated. Have a good day :)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.